In-Person Acing the Interview: Setting Yourself Up for Success in an Interview
Understand to navigate multiple interview processes and learn how job search data, job post analysis, and due diligence can help you locate and land your dream job.
About the Course
This interactive practical course dissects the interview process and presents it in easily navigable stages. Participants will learn to prepare for multiple types of interviews including screening interviews, intermediate interviews, on-site, and remote interviews. Job announcements will also be analyzed to identify critical performance factors. The course will help interviewees develop a strategic job search plan to locate employers and positions that correspond with their experience and values.
Key topics include:
- Identifying stages of the interview processes
- Preparing for any type of interview
- Determining key skills required for a position
This is part of a two-part series on Acing the Interview.
What You Will Learn
After completion of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Break down the interview process into steps
- Understand communication at each step
- Promote themselves effectively for specific positions
Who Should Attend
This course is part of the ACS Career Pathway Series and is for members seeking to gain skills to improve interview performance and for those who want to more successfully navigate the hiring process from start to finish.
- Locating the “sweet spots” for interview conversations
- Understanding the employee and employer sides of interviews
- Assembling job search data
- Differentiating between interview processes for various sectors
- Trial hires and work product
- Interview preparation
- Analyzing job posts
- Performing due diligence on an employer