In-Person Acing the Interview: Making the Most of Your Interview: Outshine the Competition
Master strategies and techniques to help your interviews stand out so you can find a job that aligns with your interests, talents, and values.
About the Course
Making the Most of Your Interview presents multiple strategies to improve performance in job interviews. The course will prepare you to respond to a variety of common interview questions and teach you how to deal with some unusual ones. The course includes opportunities to practice interview techniques designed to leave a lasting impression on hiring staff while ensuring that you solicit the information needed to make informed career choices. Instruction is focused on effectively navigating behavioral interview processes to help you:
- Identify and answer behavioral-based interview questions
- Anticipate and answer difficult interview questions
- Field inappropriate questions
- Prepare insightful questions
This is part of a two-part series on Acing the Interview.
What You Will Learn
After completion of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand behavioral interview processes
- Prepare for behavioral interviews
- Effectively promote themselves during interviews
- Manage the post-interview process
Who Should Attend
This course is a part of the ACS Careers Pathways Series and is for members seeking to gain skills to improve interview performance in behavioral interviews and for those who want to better understand and navigate the hiring process from start to finish.
- Understanding behavioral interview processes
- Answering questions with confidence
- Delivering effective oral presentations
- Creating positive impressions throughout the interview process
- Managing and evaluating job offers
- Concluding the hiring processes