On-Demand ACS Author Lab
ACS Author Lab helps you master the preparation and publication of scientific manuscripts.
About the Course
ACS Author Lab is an online training course that empowers authors to prepare and submit strong manuscripts, avoiding errors that could lead to delays in the publication process. The course has been developed by ACS Editors and ACS Publications staff to help authors identify key considerations for each step of publishing a manuscript. Course modules cover the following:
- Selecting the right journal
- Showcasing the significance of your work
- Effectively describing your research
- Creating publication-ready visuals
- Finalizing your manuscript and preparing for submission
- Navigating the revision process
- Adhering to ethical guidelines
Find out more about the course, including a free preview of one of the modules. Learners who take this course will receive a certificate of completion.
What You Will Learn
- Evaluate journals and match them to your intended audience
- How to use active and concise language to ensure that your manuscript appeals to readers
- How to write a detailed outline and turn it into a strong manuscript that clearly conveys key research data and findings
- How to prepare for the submission process
- Guidance on how to avoid ethical issues
- How to effectively respond to feedback from reviewers and editors
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for anyone who plans on or is currently writing a scientific manuscript for publication.