In-Person Analysis and Interpretation of Mass Spectral Data
Learn simple and easy-to-understand LC/MS approaches for structure identification of metabolites, impurities, natural products, and biomolecules.
About the Instructor(s)
President, Milestone Development Services
Dr. Mike S. Lee is a biotechnology entrepreneur and Founder and President of Milestone Development Services. Dr. Lee has more than 30 years of pharmaceutical industry experience.
About the Course
Learn about simple and easy-to-understand LC/MS approaches for structure identification. Topics include:
- Practical advantages of LC/MS-based methods and MS/MS techniques, with straightforward tips for spectral interpretation.
- LC/MS/MS applications for the structure analysis of metabolites, impurities, natural products, and biomolecules.
- Real-world examples, including case studies analyzing Paclitaxel, Buspirone, Sotolol, and Butorphanol.
The emerging role of higher performing instrumentation (chromatography and mass spectrometry), software, and structure databases.
What You Will Learn
- A foundation of knowledge on interpretation of mass spectra
- An overview of analytical instrumentation, analytical considerations and perspectives
- In-depth understanding of LC/MS and GC/MS-based applications
- Practical skills leading to the generation of reliable information for research, development, and manufacturing
- Understanding of data hierarchy, information, and fast decision-making based on chemistry (addition and elimination reactions)
Who Should Attend
Beginners relatively new to the field of mass spectral data analysis.
Experts/managers in need of an updated perspective on current strategies and analytical technologies.
Lecture 1. Structure Analysis Matrix
- Industry Trends
Lecture 2. LC/MS Overview
- Chromatography Considerations
- Method Development
- Mass Analysis
Lecture 3. Interpretation Roadmap
- Retention Time
- Molecular Weight
- Molecular Formula
Lecture 4. Template Strategy
- C-N and C-O Bonds
- Tabulate Formulas and Fragments
- Create Substructure Template
Lecture 5. Structure Proposal
- Calculate MW Difference(s)
- Calculate Substructure Differences
- Identify Modified Substructures
Lecture 6. Structure Refinement
- Increased Structural Detail
- Retention Time and Polarity
- Chemical/Biological Knowledge
Lecture 7. Structure Databases
- Substructure Analysis
- Substructure Searches
- MS Assignment & Prediction
- Archiving Data
- Technology Transfer
Lecture 8. Case Studies
- Impurities in Drug Substance - TAXOL®
- Degradant Analysis - Sotalol
- Degradant in Stability Study - Butorphanol
- Predictive Models
Dates, Locations, and Prices
Five for four! Register five people for one course, one person for five courses, or any combination in between and your fifth registration is free. The free registration will be the course of the lowest price. Please note: This discount cannot be combined with any other discount offered.
|Early Bird||Full Price|
|Member or Associate(Standard or Basic Package)||$1895||$2095|