On-Demand Beaker to Barrel: Essentials
Receive a fast-paced rundown of the essential topics in chemical engineering.
About the Instructor(s)
Prof. Gideon Samid, PhD, PE, is a chemical engineer. Graduated from the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology. Worked at NASA, Exxon, and managed an innovation consulting enterprise based on the tried and proven Innovation Solution Protocol. Self Applying his tools, Gideon now has 19 patents to his name covering nanotechnology, chemical cryptography, and cyber products. Gideon is a prolific author, and an effective teacher.
About the Course
This fast-paced, hard-hitting audio lecture provides a run down on all the essential topics of chemical engineering for the research chemist who wishes to push his or her bench-top innovation into industrial proportions.
This audio lecture encapsulates the material in the full-fledged course. Get an overview of the various topics of engineering that will help to bring your brainchild to fruition!
- Reactor design
- Separation of materials
- Transport phenomena – heat mass and momentum transfer
- Scale-up technology
- Cost estimation techniques
- Control engineering configuration
- Engineering design practices
What You Will Learn
- How to apply chemical engineering knowledge to further your bench-grade process: design a pilot, and participate in the design of a full-scale layout
- Important chemical engineering principles (e.g., thermodynamics, material balance, reactor design, separation processes, heat exchangers, scale-up techniques, pilot design, and simulation)
- How to appraise the feasibility of a newly-formulated chemical process, estimate the cost of design, and construct a pilot level and full-scale facility for your newly-invented or modified chemical process
- How to negotiate with chemical engineers, oversee their design, and get the maximum benefit from their services
Who Should Attend
Scientific professionals who wish to scale-up their bench process, build a pilot, and participate in designing a full-scale production line.
Those who need to negotiate and interact with chemical engineers and who need to appraise the industrial feasibility of their newly-conceived chemical process.
- Cost estimation
- Reactor design
Dates, Locations, and Prices
On Demand course modules can be purchased a la carte for $199, each. All modules are held on a rolling basis throughout the year to accommodate your schedule and budget.
|Early Bird||Full Price|
|Member or Associate(Standard or Basic Package)||$199|