On-Demand Chemical Kinetics Mechanisms
Learn the basic structure and composition of chemical kinetic mechanisms and the process of mechanism development.
About the Course
Learn the basic structure and composition of chemical kinetic mechanisms in gaseous and solid states. We will:
- Explore the process of mechanism development, testing, and reduction;
- Discuss the differences between elementary and global reactions, as well as detailed and reduced mechanisms;
- Examine the process of chemical kinetic modeling and a number of software tools available for this purpose.
PREREQUISITE: Registrants should have prior knowledge of chemical kinetic basics or have taken the Essentials of Chemical Kinetics OnDemand course.
What You Will Learn
- Understand how chemical kinetics fits in with real-world problems
- Be able to converse with both experimentalists and theoreticians on a technical level
- Implement new, effective techniques for reactive flows in your group or company
Who Should Attend
Professionals who wish to enhance their success by learning more about real-world chemical mechanisms. It is ideal for researches who regularly work in the field of reactive flows, catalysis or chemical kinetics, or managers and team leaders who communicate with such researchers on regular bases.
- Gas-phase mechanisms
- Elementary vs. global chemistry
- Rate Law
- Surface chemistry mechanisms
- Langmuir-Hinshelwood model
- Eley-Rideal model
- How mechanisms are tested
- Mechanism reduction methods
- Other data necessary for chemical kinetic simulations
- Thermodynamic data
- Transport data
- Choosing software tools for Chemical Kinetic Modeling
- Some software options for Chemical Kinetic Modeling
Dates, Locations, and Prices
On Demand course modules can be purchased a la carte for $199, each. All modules are held on a rolling basis throughout the year to accommodate your schedule and budget.
|Early Bird||Full Price|
|Member or Associate(Standard or Basic Package)||$199|