On-Demand ACS Chemistry Advocacy Workshop
Turn passion into advocacy with this workshop on how to be an effective advocate for chemistry.
About the Course
This on-demand workshop teaches ACS members to advocate for ACS Public Policy Positions and provides the means and support for their advocacy. The ACS Chemistry Advocacy Program is designed to help ACS members passionate about science and chemistry advocacy maximize ACS resources for the purposes of advocating for chemistry on the federal level. This program aligns with ACS' ongoing engagement with policymakers on Capitol Hill in support of science, engineering, innovation, and chemical stewardship.
Key topics include:
- The role of ACS and chemists in advocacy
- Science policy in the U.S. government
- ACS’ official policy positions
- Advocacy messaging and meeting strategies
What You Will Learn
Participants will learn to successfully plan and execute advocacy activities.
- Develop advocacy skills
- Increase advocacy resource awareness
- Learn logistics of effective advocacy
- Master persuasive and information communication techniques
- Discover a network and build community around science advocacy
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for ACS members passionate about science and chemistry who want to become effective advocates at the federal level.
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to Chemistry Advocacy
- Chemistry Advocacy within the U.S. Government
- Advocating for Chemistry in Congress
- Chemistry Communication for Advocates