On-Demand Chemistry in Context (CiC) 10th Edition Webinar Series
Delve into the ACS textbook for nonmajors, Chemistry in Context (CiC), and get tips for teaching chemistry using real-life applications and strategies presented in the book.
About the Instructor(s)
About the Course
The Chemistry in Context (CiC) 10th Edition Webinar Series offers chemistry educators an overview and updates to the latest CiC edition and provides tips for using content in the classroom. The CiC author team has created this free series of webinars to share and describe the many features of the textbook, including labs, digital features, and assessment tips.
What You Will Learn
- Learn to instruct lessons using CiC content to support in-person, hybrid, or virtual learning.
- Identify resources from the CiC library to support quality chemistry instruction.
- Apply teaching techniques that will deepen student appreciation for and understanding of chemistry.
Who Should Attend
This course is primarily for educators who are interested in teaching chemistry to nonmajors, using real-life applications. But high school teachers and instructors of general chemistry courses could also benefit from the offerings.
Archived webinars include
- Learning at the Atomic Level
- Assessing Students’ Understanding
- Instructional Strategies for a One-Semester Course
- A Citizen-First Approach to Foster Student Engagement
- Multimedia & Active Learning
- Making Labs Work During COVID-19
- The SmartBook Adaptive Learning System