In-Person Coaching and Feedback
Improve performance, encourage creativity, and boost team morale with proven coaching techniques. Avoid common leadership pitfalls and disappointing outcomes by developing listening and feedback skills to take your team to the next level.
About the Course
Coaching is integral to effective leadership and is supported by a good “coaching mindset” that assists team members in realizing their potential. Good coaches are empathetic listeners who understand how to set team objectives and provide the feedback and motivation to help both novice and experienced team members attain success. Coaching techniques are not always intuitive, leaders cannot simply “wing it” in the moment and expect positive outcomes. Through hands-on coaching opportunities you will learn and practice proven processes to ensure high levels of engagement, productivity, and success for the groups and individuals you lead.
Key topics include:
- Developing a “coaching mindset”
- Identifying and addressing performance issues
- Providing effective feedback
- Coaching new and seasoned team members
- Setting team and individual goals
What You Will Learn
After completion of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Develop advocacy skills
- Increase advocacy resource awareness
- Learn logistics of effective advocacy
- Master persuasive and information communication techniques
- Discover a network and build community around science advocacy
Who Should Attend
Best Coaching Practices is recommended for developing and experienced team leaders seeking to improve success and effectiveness in leadership assignments. We encourage both current and prospective project and team leaders to take this course. The skills attained in the course are highly transferable from coaching volunteer teams to coaching staff/employees in your professional roles.