In-Person Collaborating Across Boundaries
Learn strategies and tools to be more effective in leading collaborative efforts. Gain practical skills that can be applied immediately in the lab, at school, in the office, and at ACS.
About the Course
Some of the greatest achievements in science, medicine, the arts, and business have been the result of collaboration among groups sharing resources, vision, and expertise to produce unique products and innovative solutions. Without collaboration, the potential of sharing ideas and information is lost. Now more than ever, collaboration is the way we need to work.
In this hands-on facilitated course you will learn strategies and tools to make collaboration more productive including how to:
- Develop common goals
- Ensure equity between what individuals and groups
- Gain commitment from individuals and groups
- Establish trust and resolving conflict
What You Will Learn
After completion of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Contribute more effectively in a team
- Identify core strategies for productive collaboration
- More easily undertake collaborative decision making
- Navigate group dynamics to ensure effective collaboration
Who Should Attend
This workshop is for leaders working in professional, research academic, and organizational environments seeking to develop strategies for effective goal-oriented collaboration across organizational boundaries.