In-Person Developing Communication Strategies
Develop and practice effective communication strategies and discover how communication can make your goals possible. Learn tips and tricks to engage your audience, gain support, and get them to take action.
About the Course
In this interactive half-day workshop you will learn and practice communication techniques to ensure that you are heard, understood, and that your requests produce desired outcomes from increasing event attendance to raising public awareness to spurring individuals and teams to action. The communication skills you gain will transform and elevate your role as a leader in academic, professional, and organizational settings. Working in small groups you will be coached and supported by a facilitator as you to role-play effective communication strategies to:
- Engage sponsors and support funding initiatives
- Increase attendance at ACS events and meetings
- Attract and motivate volunteers
- Get hired and land promotions
What You Will Learn
After completion of the workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Implement four elements of effective communication
- Develop a personal communication strategy
- Use key questions in developing effective communication
- Activate new communication strategies in your ACS sections
Who Should Attend
Communication Strategies that Produce Results is for ACS members in leadership roles. We encourage current and prospective committee or project leaders to attend and learn skills that will prove invaluable to you and to the ACS.