In-Person Effective Supervision of Scientists and the Technical Staff
Learn how to motivate staff for more creative output and participation, improve problem-solving abilities, and create a positive work atmosphere.
About the Instructor(s)
David E Gootnick
Managing Partner and Director, David Gootnick Associates
Dr. David E. Gootnick is Managing Partner and Director of DAVID GOOTNICK ASSOCIATES, a New York-based management consulting firm, specializing in leadership development of scientists and engineers within technical organizations.
About the Course
This course will help technical managers improve their skills by teaching effective management techniques. Attendees will learn how to motivate staff for more creative output and participation, improve problem-solving abilities, and create a positive work atmosphere.
Key topics include:
- Your role in managing the technical staff
- Ground rules for the creative team
- Proven management techniques
- Strengthening interpersonal relationships
- Developing your leadership style
- How to deal with conflicts and personality clashes
- Motivating the innovative professional
- Vital management communication skills
- Appraising professional performance
- Managing time as a critical resource
Registrants will need to purchase a copy of Action Tools for Effective Managers, by Gootnick and Gootnick in addition to their registration.
What You Will Learn
- Learn the most effective management techniques available.
- Motivate your staff for more creative output.
- Improve your problem-solving abilities.
- Encourage participation among staff members.
- Establish a positive work atmosphere for maximum productivity.
Who Should Attend
Supervisors of scientists, engineers, and other technical staff members who want to strengthen their leadership skills.
- The Building Blocks of Successful Management
- Planning and Organizing a Winning Creative Team Effort
- Supporting Your Staff with Critical Resources
- Communicating for High Performance and Morale
- Motivating Professional Employees in a High Productivity Climate
- The Impact of Feedback and Recognition on Performance
- Understanding the Difference Between “Doing” and “Managing”
- Empowering Employees for High Achievement
- How to Manage Conflicts Assertively
- Counseling Employees for Improved Results
- Practical Techniques for Managing Time
- Improving Your Leadership Effectiveness
- Cultivating Initiative, Responsibility, and Commitment to Results
Dates, Locations, and Prices
Five for four! Register five people for one course, one person for five courses, or any combination in between and your fifth registration is free. The free registration will be the course of the lowest price. Please note: This discount cannot be combined with any other discount offered.
Date and Location: TBD