On-Demand Essentials of Chemical Kinetics
Brush up on the basic theories of chemical kinetics and reaction mechanisms.
About the Instructor(s)
CEO, MVP Consulting Solutions
Dr. Masha Petrova is founder and CEO of MVP Consulting Solutions, a company focused on bridging the gap between technical experts, marketing and sales, and customers. She received her Ph.D. in combustion chemistry from the University of California, San Diego.
About the Course
Would you like to brush up on—or learn more about—the basic theories of chemical kinetics and reaction mechanisms? This on-demand course will refresh your knowledge of chemical-kinetic principles, reaction rates and rate constants (and their dependence on temperature and pressure) in gaseous, solid and liquid states.
- chemical-kinetic principles
- reaction rates and constants
- basic theories
Prior knowledge of biology, chemistry or basic physics is recommended.
What You Will Learn
- Understand how chemical kinetics fits in with real-world problems
- Be able to converse with both experimentalists and theoreticians on a technical level
- Implement new, effective techniques for reactive flows in your group or company
Who Should Attend
Professionals who wish to enhance their success by learning (or brushing up on) the basics of chemical kinetics and how this study relates to real-world problems.
Ideal for researchers who regularly work in the field of reactive flows or chemical kinetics, or managers and team leaders who communicate with such researchers on regular bases.
- What is the study of Chemical Kinetics?
- Reaction Mechanisms
- Elementary vs. Global Chemistry
- Reaction Rates and Rate Laws
- What is a reaction rate constant (k)?
- Arrhenius parameters for k (Temperature dependence)
- Forward, reverse and equilibrium constants
- Pressure dependence for unimolecular and bimolecular reactions
- Reactions in liquid solutions
- Chemical kinetics on solid interfaces
- Surface chemistry processes
- Adsorption and desorption
- Rate constants and rates for surface reactions
Dates, Locations, and Prices
On Demand course modules can be purchased a la carte for $199, each. All modules are held on a rolling basis throughout the year to accommodate your schedule and budget.
|Early Bird||Full Price|
|Member or Associate(Standard or Basic Package)||$199|