In-Person Fundamentals of Climate Science and Carbon Mitigation
Learn the latest science findings on the causes of climate change and credible approaches to reduce the carbon emissions associated with your organization’s operations.
About the Instructor(s)
President, Fulcrum Connection LLC
Dr. Valerie Patrick, President of Fulcrum Connection LLC, is a consultant, trainer, and speaker with 25 years of corporate experience.
About the Course
Learn the latest science findings on the causes of climate change and credible approaches to reduce the carbon emissions associated with your organization’s operations. No prior experience or knowledge of climate change is required.
This short course provides a thorough overview of climate change plus an extensive reference list so that you can continue a self-paced learning journey following the course. It will help you accelerate your organization or group’s efforts to reduce its carbon footprint to meet the new, more aggressive carbon reduction goal recommended by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change in their 2018 Special Report.
- Fundamentals of climate change science that explains anthropogenic climate change from a scientific point-of-view
- Content and resources to address questions and concerns about global climate change
- The difference between mitigation and adaptation
- Tools and techniques to set a credible carbon mitigation goal for a group or organization
- How to track progress against a carbon mitigation goal
What You Will Learn
- How to approach the topic of climate change and carbon management in a way that is defendable to environmental NGOs.
- How to establish a climate change program in your organization.
- How to apply a climate change lens to an organization's operations.
Who Should Attend
Scientists working in the chemical, crop science, material science, pharmaceutical, and information technologies with responsibilities in product development, supply chain operations, manufacturing operations, environmental impact, marketing, sales, corporate communications, recruitment, and training.
Module 1: Climate Change Science
- Definitions (Greenhouse Effect, Anthropogenic Climate Change, Global Warming Potential, Mitigation, Adaptation)
- Climate versus Weather
- Science of Atmospheric CO2 Concentration
- Global Carbon Cycle
- Mitigation of CO2
- Tipping Points in Climate Change
Module 2: Carbon Impacts and Mitigation
- Climate Change and Upstream Supply Chain Impacts
- Climate Change and Downstream Supply Chain Impacts
- Climate Resilience
- Carbon Reduction Goal Variables
- Carbon Offsets
- Carbon Reduction Goal Timeline
- Business-As-Usual Scenario
- Carbon Reduction Target
- Carbon Mitigation Scenarios
Dates, Locations, and Prices
Five for four! Register five people for one course, one person for five courses, or any combination in between and your fifth registration is free. The free registration will be the course of the lowest price. Please note: This discount cannot be combined with any other discount offered.
Date and Location: TBD