In-Person Fundamentals of High Performance Liquid Chromatography
Gain a sound working knowledge of high performance liquid chromatography methods, techniques, and equipment.
About the Instructor(s)
President , Axion Analytical Labs, Inc
Dr. Lee N. Polite is the president and founder of Axion Analytical Labs, Inc. He has taught chromatography to customers from every major pharmaceutical, chemical, and petroleum.
About the Course
Gain a sound working knowledge of high performance liquid chromatography methods, techniques, and equipment. You’ll learn how to use and optimize HPLC columns, and how to interpret and troubleshoot from chromatograms. You’ll also have an opportunity to discuss analytical laboratory problems with recognized experts. Key topics covered include:
- Basic instrumentation for HPLC.
- Detectors, including UV/VIS, photo diode array (PDA), refractive index (RI), fluorescence, and conductivity.
- Column selection and optimization.
- Troubleshooting HPLC systems.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Reversed phase, GPC, ion exchange, and ion chromatography.
What You Will Learn
- Solutions to your analytical laboratory problems from a recognized expert
- Modern HPLC methods, techniques, and equipment
- How to use and optimize HPLC columns
- How to interpret and troubleshoot from chromatograms
Who Should Attend
Research chemists, biochemists, biologists, technicians, and others with limited knowledge of this important analytical technique.
The course does not require expertise in advanced mathematics, theoretical chemistry, or physics.
- Introduction to HPLC
- Column Selection-adsorption; bonded phases; ion exchange; gel permeation
- HPLC Troubleshooting
- HPLC Theory
- Quantitative Analysis
- Troubleshooting HPLC Columns
- Troubleshooting by Diagnosis of Chromatograms
Dates, Locations, and Prices
Attendance at the courses held in conjunction with the ACS Spring 2022 Meeting in San Diego requires full vaccination and wearing of masks. Thus, you will have to register for the meeting to upload your proof of vaccination. If you are only attending the course, please use the code ProEd2022 so that you are not charged to register for the meeting.
Five for four! Register five people for one course, one person for five courses, or any combination in between and your fifth registration is free. The free registration will be the course of the lowest price. Please note: This discount cannot be combined with any other discount offered.
|Early Bird||Full Price|
|Member or Associate(Standard or Basic Package)||$1695||$1895|