In-Person Fundamentals of High Performance Liquid Chromatography
Gain a sound working knowledge of high performance liquid chromatography methods, techniques, and equipment.
About the Instructor(s)
President , Axion Analytical Labs, Inc
Dr. Lee N. Polite is the president and founder of Axion Analytical Labs, Inc. He has taught chromatography to customers from every major pharmaceutical, chemical, and petroleum.
About the Course
Gain a sound working knowledge of high performance liquid chromatography methods, techniques, and equipment. You’ll learn how to use and optimize HPLC columns, and how to interpret and troubleshoot from chromatograms. You’ll also have an opportunity to discuss analytical laboratory problems with recognized experts. Key topics covered include:
- Basic instrumentation for HPLC.
- Detectors, including UV/VIS, photo diode array (PDA), refractive index (RI), fluorescence, and conductivity.
- Column selection and optimization.
- Troubleshooting HPLC systems.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Reversed phase, GPC, ion exchange, and ion chromatography.
What You Will Learn
- Solutions to your analytical laboratory problems from a recognized expert
- Modern HPLC methods, techniques, and equipment
- How to use and optimize HPLC columns
- How to interpret and troubleshoot from chromatograms
Who Should Attend
Research chemists, biochemists, biologists, technicians, and others with limited knowledge of this important analytical technique.
The course does not require expertise in advanced mathematics, theoretical chemistry, or physics.
- Introduction to HPLC
- Column Selection-adsorption; bonded phases; ion exchange; gel permeation
- HPLC Troubleshooting
- HPLC Theory
- Quantitative Analysis
- Troubleshooting HPLC Columns
- Troubleshooting by Diagnosis of Chromatograms
Dates, Locations, and Prices
Mar 20 - Mar 21, 2022
The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
910 Broadway Circle
San Diego, CA 92101