In-Person Intellectual Property Strategies for Technical Professionals
Learn how to protect your organization’s products and services to gain market share and enhance the IP owner’s reputation in the marketplace.
About the Instructor(s)
President and CEO, WIN PARTNERS LLC
Bruce Winchell is a Certified Licensing Professional licensed to practice law in Ohio, Tennessee, U.S. Patent Office and Canadian Patent Office. He has significant experience in Intellectual Property law in large companies and DOE National Laboratories.
About the Course
Improve your management skills to help the intellectual property (IP) owner minimize costs and maximize profits.
Knowledge of intellectual property (IP) is important to the management of any technology-based business today. Understanding IP maximizes your value to your company and enhances your career prospects significantly.
This course teaches you how to protect an organization’s products and services to gain market share and enhance the IP owner’s reputation in the marketplace. It will enable you to participate actively in the process of using intellectual property in a business strategy.
What You Will Learn
- Gain an understanding of how to construct an intellectual property strategy and a business model that will help companies to maximize value for the owners of the intellectual property to the business.
- Understand how patents, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets fit into an IP strategy and business model to make money.
- How to review business models and IP strategies of others to see how to profit from them and to avoid pitfalls.
- Learn the importance of competitive research at the USPTO, how to conduct Freedom to Operate searches, and understand competitors patent claims.
- Conduct infringement searches and ways to avoid infringement of third party patents.
Who Should Attend
Scientists involved with inventing, writing, and developing commercially valuable intellectual property.
Scientists involved with innovating products and/or services.
- What is intellectual property?
- Patents and new patent laws
- Patent Cooperation Treaty
- Domain names/Trademarks
- Trade secrets
- Other intellectual property rights
Dates, Locations, and Prices
Five for four! Register five people for one course, one person for five courses, or any combination in between and your fifth registration is free. The free registration will be the course of the lowest price. Please note: This discount cannot be combined with any other discount offered.