On-Demand Introduction to Statistical Analysis of Laboratory Data
Learn the fundamentals of statistical treatment of laboratory data, and how to solve basic data analysis problems.
About the Instructor(s)
CEO, MVP Consulting Solutions
Dr. Masha Petrova is founder and CEO of MVP Consulting Solutions, a company focused on bridging the gap between technical experts, marketing and sales, and customers. She received her Ph.D. in combustion chemistry from the University of California, San Diego.
About the Course
Learn the fundamentals of statistical treatment of laboratory data and how to solve basic data analysis problems with the help of Microsoft Excel.
Through a combination of lectures and problem-solving sessions, this On-Demand module will teach statistical techniques you can put to immediate use in your workplace.
- Introduction to Statistics and MS Excel
- Calibration and traceability
- Why do we need data analysis?
- Three types of errors
- Accuracy and precision
- Significant figures
- Population and Sample
- Mean, Variance, and Standard Deviation
Samples of the Excel files demonstrated in this module will be available for you to download.
What You Will Learn
- Enhance your ability to extract more meaningful data from your experimental data sets
- Reduce the number of measurements required for certain applications
- Learn useful and unambiguous recipes for analyzing data
- Gain confidence in the use of basic statistical methods
- Learn how to best utilize MS Excel functions to analyze experimental data
- Improve your decision-making abilities
- Understand the language of data statistics
- Learn new ways to look at data
Who Should Attend
Technicians, scientists, engineers, laboratory managers, R&D managers, manufacturing and production managers, and others who need to understand statistical methods for data analysis.
This course assumes no previous knowledge of statistics.
- Introduction to Statistics
- Measurement and Calibration
- Why Do Data Analysis
- Accuracy and Precision
- Standard Deviation
Dates, Locations, and Prices
On Demand course modules can be purchased a la carte for $199, each. All modules are held on a rolling basis throughout the year to accommodate your schedule and budget.