In-Person Laboratory Safety
Explore the fundamental topics necessary to maintain safety and regulatory compliance in chemical laboratories.
About the Instructor(s)
Christopher E Kohler
Laboratory Safety Manager, Indiana University
Chris Kohler is the Laboratory Safety Manager for Indiana University. He has been a Certified Chemical Hygiene Officer since 2001.
About the Course
Learn about practical, current regulatory measures for the prevention of accidents, incidents, or chemical exposures that could result in adverse effects on health, injuries, fire, property loss or interference with laboratory operations. It includes the OSHA training requirements for Chemical Hygiene Officers.
Registrants are invited to bring case histories, problem descriptions, and safety program material for evaluation and discussion.
What You Will Learn
- Maintain safe and regulatory compliant laboratories.
- Develop an OSHA-compliant chemical hygiene plan.
- Understand and provide guidance on many topics of laboratory safety.
- Prepare to be a Chemical Hygiene Officer (CHO) and take the CHO certification exam.
Who Should Attend
Laboratory employees in need of fundamental laboratory health and safety training (including managers, supervisors, scientists, and technical assistants).
Full- or part-time Chemical Hygiene Officers (CHOs), safety, health, industrial hygiene personnel, inspectors, team leaders, trainers, and those who are accountable for similar laboratory safety and health activities.
- Introduction and Regulations
- Chemical Hygiene Plan
- Hazard Identification and Control
- Laboratory Ventilation
- Chemical Storage, Time Sensitive Chemicals, Controlled Substances, and Explosives
- Labeling, Transportation, and Safety Data Sheets
- Flammable Liquids, Compressed Gases, and Cryogenics
- Electrical Devices
- Laboratory Waste
- Auditing and Inspections
- Emergency Response
Dates, Locations, and Prices
Five for four! Register five people for one course, one person for five courses, or any combination in between and your fifth registration is free. The free registration will be the course of the lowest price. Please note: This discount cannot be combined with any other discount offered.
Jan 20 - Jan 21, 2022
Renaissance Waverly Hotel and Convention Center
2450 Galleria Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30339