In-Person Leading Change
How do you keep your team confident, focused, and organized when your project mission and parameters are in constant flux? Learn the skills and develop the managerial agility to help them achieve success.
About the Course
Good leaders manage change and guide teams effectively through rapidly evolving situations. They understand how to track shifting priorities and adapt strategies to meet moving targets. Change is a given and you can count on it disrupting best laid plans in the workplace, the lab, at school, or within the ACS. Your best option is to learn and practice skills to ensure that your team remains focused, productive and future-oriented when change comes your way. Success requires leadership that can guide others through change by meeting reality head-on, connecting with the new vision, planning a new approach, and engaging others to join in moving the project forward.
This four-hour course outlines processes for guiding others through periods of change and will teach you how to:
- Skillfully manage shifting team priorities
- Change the direction of a project or reconfiguring teams
- Understand and respond to common reactions to change
- Help teams and individuals work with changes to achieve success
What You Will Learn
After completion of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Maintain project momentum in the face of change and pushback
- Preserve a clear vision and instill a strong sense of direction and purpose
- Communicate new insights into key issues, problems, and opportunities
- Implement a 3-step process for leading change
- Keep teams on-track, focused on top priorities, and moving forward during periods of change
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for anyone involved in in projects that continually change or will soon face change in direction, member involvement, and objectives. Leaders of change initiatives, multi-group collaborative projects, and evolving new initiatives prone to change are strongly encouraged to attend. The skills attained in this course are highly transferable to managing projects and leading teams in your professional, volunteer, and academic roles.
Dates, Locations, and Prices
Attendance at the courses held in conjunction with the ACS Fall 2022 Meeting in Chicago requires full vaccination. You will receive a message after registration with directions to verify your vaccination status.
Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
2233 South Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
Chicago, IL 60616
|Early Bird||Full Price|
|Member or Associate(Standard or Basic Package)||$300|