On-Demand Outreach Training Program
Join the ACS Outreach Training Program to learn how to draw a crowd and promote science with hands-on outreach events.
About the Course
The Outreach Training Program (OTP) provides ACS members across the globe who are passionate about science outreach access planning resources through in-person workshops, live online courses, and on-demand courses. Our members and chemistry enthusiasts conduct science outreach, and the OTP is here to help you get involved! The OTP builds upon the success of ACS Outreach programs: National Chemistry Week, Chemists Celebrate Earth Week, International Chemistry Festivals, and the Festival Training Institute.
What You Will Learn
- Learn to plan and execute outreach events
- Have networking opportunities with others about science outreach
Who Should Attend
This online course is for ACS members interested in organizing dynamic well-attended science outreach events.
- Outreach programs overview and history
- Event planning and fundraising
- Leading volunteers
- Marketing and partnerships
- Monitoring and sustaining success
- Communicating through hands-on activities
- Safety in outreach settings