In-Person Statistical Analysis of Laboratory Data
Learn statistical techniques you can put to immediate use in the workplace.
About the Instructor(s)
Stanley N. Deming
President, Statistical Designs
Stanley Deming is Professor Emeritus at the University of Houston, Texas. He is President of Statistical Designs, through which he offers consulting in experimental design, optimization, and statistical analysis.
About the Course
Master the fundamentals of laboratory data treatment to solve data analysis problems. Through a combination of lectures and problem-solving sessions, this course will teach statistical techniques that can be put to immediate use in the workplace.
Participants will learn how to understand the strengths and weaknesses of data, recognize and reduce different types of errors, carry out significance tests, correctly use outlier tests, and more.
- How to apply statistical process control charts to measurement processes.
- How to know what statistical test to use when.
- How to set in-house specifications.
- How to understand the influence of sample size on statistical significance and power.
- Ways to define the limits of detection, determination, and quantification.
- Why pooling variances gives stability to analytical results.
Each participant should bring a hand-held calculator to the course.
What You Will Learn
- Consult with seasoned experts about your data analysis problems.
- Enhance your ability to extract more meaningful data from your data sets.
- Gain confidence in the use of basic statistical methods.
- Improve your decision-making abilities.
- Learn new ways to look at data.
- Reduce the number of measurements required for certain applications.
- Understand statistical terminology and be able to communicate more easily with statisticians.
Who Should Attend
Technicians, scientists, engineers, laboratory managers, R&D managers, manufacturing and production managers, and others who need to understand traditional and modern methods of data analysis.
This course assumes no previous knowledge of statistics and is aimed at both beginning and experienced workers.
- Accuracy and Precision
- Standard Deviation
- z Decisions
- Confidence Intervals
- Statistical Samples
- One-Way ANOVA
- How to Carry Out a One-Way ANOVA
- Central Limit Theorem
- Standard Deviations
- Student’s t
- Statistical Testing
- p Values and Power
- Algebra and Logic
- Hypothesis Testing
- Formal Statistical Tests
- One-Sample t Test
- Two-Sample t Test
- Paired T Test
- Fisher’s F Test
- Duncan’s Multiple Range Test
- Optional Topics: Detection Limits; Statistical Process Control; Bioassays
Dates, Locations, and Prices
Five for four! Register five people for one course, one person for five courses, or any combination in between and your fifth registration is free. The free registration will be the course of the lowest price. Please note: This discount cannot be combined with any other discount offered.
Sep 20 - Sep 23, 2022
Online Due to Covid-19 (6/21, 6/22, 6/23 and 6/24)
|Early Bird||Full Price|
|Member(Premium Package)||$1695 Ends Sep 06||$1895|
|Member or Associate(Standard or Basic Package)||$1895 Ends Sep 06||$2095|
|Non-Member||$1895 Ends Sep 06||$2095|