In-Person Strategic Planning
Learn to make your best laid plans even more strategic and lead your team to success with effective strategic planning practices.
About the Course
Strategic planning keeps teams and organizations on task by outlining clear goals and providing a roadmap for achievement. In the absence of effective strategic planning an organization can become reactive to external pressures, lose sight of goals, and drift away from serving its mission. This can reduce member engagement and lower team morale making goals even more elusive. Yet despite the importance of good planning, leaders called to create them often lack training resulting plans that are anything but strategic. Gain valuable leadership skills critical to team, committee, and organizational success with How to Make a Strategic Plan.
In this practical 4-hour course you will work in small teams to apply principles of strategic planning in a board-level framework and translate them to the development of a strategic plan for an organizational unit. You will learn to:
- Understand strategic plan structure and contents
- Recognize and measure the impact of strategic planning
- Transfer plan ownership from boards to unit leaders
- Become a “partner in planning” with other leaders
- Develop team plans aligned with executive strategic goals
What You Will Learn
After completion of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Use a framework for planning and developing a unit strategic plan
- Translate organization-level goals into actionable plans and initiatives
- Recognize and navigate differences between organizational units with unique strategic plans
- Communicate strategic plans with executives and teams
Who Should Attend
This course is for leaders and emerging leaders of teams and committees that require strategic planning. It is also recommended for members engaged in strategic planning at any level.