In-Person Working for Yourself: Your Sales Marketing and Financing Plan
Complete the final components of your business plan in this practical interactive workshop on creating a sales and marketing strategy and developing a finance plan.
About the Course
In this workshop, the follow-up to Finding Your Market, Defining Your Business, you will complete your preliminary business plan by defining the marketing and sales strategy and determining the financing. Course objectives include:
- Deciding if self-employment is a viable career option
- Completing the outline of a business plan for a new venture
This course is part of a two-part series on Working for Yourself.
What You Will Learn
After completion of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the components of a marketing and sales strategy
- Understand the components of a financing strategy
- Define key factors in creating a sales and marketing plan
- Create key deliverables in a high-level financing plan
Who Should Attend
This course is a part of the ACS Careers Pathways Series and is designed as the conclusion to Working for Yourself: Finding Your Market, Defining Your Business. Both courses are recommended for members considering self-employment in chemistry.
- The Four Ps of marketing (Product diversification, Pricing, Promotion, Placement)
- Basic sales strategies
- Business finance basics
- Completing a sales and marketing plan
- Completing financing plan
- Start-up costs and revenue projection
- Critiques of business plan components