In-Person Working in Higher Education: The Higher Ed Landscape
Maybe it’s time to go back to school. Learn about job and career opportunities for chemists in academia.
About the Course
Discover the pros and cons of a career in academia. Learn about traditional career pathways and job opportunities within the four main types of academic institutions. This course will help you:
- Identify trends in higher education
- Differentiate between types of higher-education institutions
- Differentiate between types higher-education positions
This is part of a two-part series on working in Higher Education.
What You Will Learn
After completion of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Decide if a career in academia is right for them
- Understand higher education employment paths
- Develop a framework for an academic job search
Who Should Attend
This course is a part of the ACS Careers Pathways Series and is designed for members undertaking or considering a job search in academia.
- Assessing values and interests
- Trends in higher education
- College and university classification
- Types of positions in higher education
- Evaluation and Tenure Decisions
- Faculty responsibilities
- Non-tenure track academic positions