In-Person Working in Industry: Résumé Development: Marketing Your Brand for an Industrial Chemistry Position
Get the reaction you want with a polished résumé portfolio targeted for the industrial chemistry sector.
About the Course
This course gives an overview of the content of a robust résumé for an industrial chemistry position. Participants will also determine best practices in terms of résumé content and formatting through analysis of résumé exemplars. The course will also elaborate on the components of résumé portfolio, including cover letters and research summaries. Additionally, participants will learn about the strategic use of job search engines and networking strategies to get their résumés in the proper hands for the industrial chemistry position of their dreams by. Participants will engage in:
- Analyzing the sections of an industrial resume
- Identifying format and style for print and electronically submitted résumés
- Determining and applying question types and network strategies
This course is part of a two-part series on working in industry.
What You Will Learn
After completion of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Outline a plan for securing work in industrial chemistry
- Correctly format a résumé, summary, and cover letter
- Create a resume portfolio aligned with a personal brand
Who Should Attend
This course is a part of the ACS Careers Pathways Series and is designed for members undertaking or considering a job search in industry.
- Evaluating resumes from a hiring manager’s viewpoint
- How to market yourself with your resumes
- The purpose of a resume
- Résumé vs. CV
- Preparing and formatting résumé s
- Creating an executive summary and cover letter
- Commodities and specialties on a résumé
- Navigating electronic screeners
- Locating jobs and networking