In-Person Write Your Own Patent Applications
Learn the critical steps for creating a patent application to protect and enhance the value of the products and services of the intellectual property owner.
About the Instructor(s)
President and CEO, WIN PARTNERS LLC
Bruce Winchell is a Certified Licensing Professional licensed to practice law in Ohio, Tennessee, U.S. Patent Office and Canadian Patent Office. He has significant experience in Intellectual Property law in large companies and DOE National Laboratories.
About the Course
Learn the critical steps for creating a patent application to protect and enhance the value of the products and services of the intellectual property (IP) owner. Maximize your value to the company and enhance your career prospects significantly in any technology-based commercial business.
Knowledge of IP is important to the management of any technology-based business today. This course broadens your understanding of the importance of patents in any intellectual property strategy. Use what you learn to write your own non-provisional patent applications.
This course covers:
- Uses for patents
- How to manage the costs associated with obtaining and maintaining patents
- Fundamentals of intellectual property
- Strategies around how to use patents in the commercial marketplace, both in the United States and in foreign countries
- Writing patent applications
We recommend that you take this course with Intellectual Property Strategies for Technical Professionals. Register for both and receive a discount!
What You Will Learn
- Learn how to meet the requirements for patentability
- Design and conduct a Prior Art search. Learn how to interpret the results of the Prior Art search
- Write drafts of non-provisional patent applications for filing at the U.S. Patent Office
- Write claims so as to maximize the value of the patent to the business
- Understand and overcome the rejections patent examiners use against patent applications
Who Should Attend
Scientists involved with inventing, writing, and developing commercially-valuable patents; innovating products and or services; and helping the patent owner to manage the patent portfolio to maximize the value to the patent owner.
- Types of U.S. Patents
- Prior Art
- New Patent Law Changes
- Writing a Patent
- Claims—how to write
Dates, Locations, and Prices
Five for four! Register five people for one course, one person for five courses, or any combination in between and your fifth registration is free. The free registration will be the course of the lowest price. Please note: This discount cannot be combined with any other discount offered.
|Early Bird||Full Price|
|Member or Associate(Standard or Basic Package)||$650|